Sydney's Community TV Launches New Reality Show with Fancy Cars, Half Naked Women
By Anne Witter | September 13, 2011 4:54 PM EST
Imagine: flash cars, a world-renowned airbrush artist, and women with undergarments, which are "barely-there;" now what could they do in one reality television show?
For 30 years, world-class airbrust Penrith artist Wayne Harrison has created art for the masses, painting everything from Harley Davidsons to jumbo jets. Now he is off to showcase his talent on television through a reality show that is seen to intrigue the audience at least initially.
On the TV show Flesh Air, Harrison is expected to create a world-famous calendar showcasing his art- works on the human body. The reality show will allow him to document his art in ways he has never done before. At the same time, the audience is about to watch something new on television, only there will be a lot of painting.
Harrison is not doing the TV show alone, of course. Though he conceived the concept, he wanted to choose who to work with if the idea actually flies. This in mind over bottles of beer, Harrison proposed a collaboration with celebrity photographer David Anderson to realize his vision.
"We wanted to get our art out there in the form of a TV show, to show off what we can do," Harrison said.
He spent two hours painting model Natalie Robinson, 21, with a spectacular island.
"It's a great experience. It's nothing like other types of modelling," Robinson said.
TVS CEO Rachel Bentley expressed hopes that the new program will be well-received, saying that after seeing an episode, "watching paint dry will never be boring again."
"Flesh Air viewers can expect something that has never been seen on local TV screens before... It really is a celebration of car culture and from our point of view it is a unique, novel and exciting program," Bentley said.
Flesh Air premiers on October 13 at 9.30pm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Surge in UFO Sightings in Queensland Observed; Gold Coast 'Hot Spot' of UFO Encounters
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones