Sydney's Community TV Launches New Reality Show with Fancy Cars, Half Naked Women
By Anne Witter | September 13, 2011 4:54 PM EST
Imagine: flash cars, a world-renowned airbrush artist, and women with undergarments, which are "barely-there;" now what could they do in one reality television show?
For 30 years, world-class airbrust Penrith artist Wayne Harrison has created art for the masses, painting everything from Harley Davidsons to jumbo jets. Now he is off to showcase his talent on television through a reality show that is seen to intrigue the audience at least initially.
On the TV show Flesh Air, Harrison is expected to create a world-famous calendar showcasing his art- works on the human body. The reality show will allow him to document his art in ways he has never done before. At the same time, the audience is about to watch something new on television, only there will be a lot of painting.
Harrison is not doing the TV show alone, of course. Though he conceived the concept, he wanted to choose who to work with if the idea actually flies. This in mind over bottles of beer, Harrison proposed a collaboration with celebrity photographer David Anderson to realize his vision.
"We wanted to get our art out there in the form of a TV show, to show off what we can do," Harrison said.
He spent two hours painting model Natalie Robinson, 21, with a spectacular island.
"It's a great experience. It's nothing like other types of modelling," Robinson said.
TVS CEO Rachel Bentley expressed hopes that the new program will be well-received, saying that after seeing an episode, "watching paint dry will never be boring again."
"Flesh Air viewers can expect something that has never been seen on local TV screens before... It really is a celebration of car culture and from our point of view it is a unique, novel and exciting program," Bentley said.
Flesh Air premiers on October 13 at 9.30pm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- Pacific Islands Forum Delegates Appeal for Changes to Climate Policies, Better Marine Life Protection
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools