Sydney's Community TV Launches New Reality Show with Fancy Cars, Half Naked Women
By Anne Witter | September 13, 2011 4:54 PM EST
Imagine: flash cars, a world-renowned airbrush artist, and women with undergarments, which are "barely-there;" now what could they do in one reality television show?
For 30 years, world-class airbrust Penrith artist Wayne Harrison has created art for the masses, painting everything from Harley Davidsons to jumbo jets. Now he is off to showcase his talent on television through a reality show that is seen to intrigue the audience at least initially.
On the TV show Flesh Air, Harrison is expected to create a world-famous calendar showcasing his art- works on the human body. The reality show will allow him to document his art in ways he has never done before. At the same time, the audience is about to watch something new on television, only there will be a lot of painting.
Harrison is not doing the TV show alone, of course. Though he conceived the concept, he wanted to choose who to work with if the idea actually flies. This in mind over bottles of beer, Harrison proposed a collaboration with celebrity photographer David Anderson to realize his vision.
"We wanted to get our art out there in the form of a TV show, to show off what we can do," Harrison said.
He spent two hours painting model Natalie Robinson, 21, with a spectacular island.
"It's a great experience. It's nothing like other types of modelling," Robinson said.
TVS CEO Rachel Bentley expressed hopes that the new program will be well-received, saying that after seeing an episode, "watching paint dry will never be boring again."
"Flesh Air viewers can expect something that has never been seen on local TV screens before... It really is a celebration of car culture and from our point of view it is a unique, novel and exciting program," Bentley said.
Flesh Air premiers on October 13 at 9.30pm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Asylum Seeker Women in Australia-Run Christmas Island Attempt Suicide in Desperation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown