Sydney's Community TV Launches New Reality Show with Fancy Cars, Half Naked Women
By Anne Witter | September 13, 2011 4:54 PM EST
Imagine: flash cars, a world-renowned airbrush artist, and women with undergarments, which are "barely-there;" now what could they do in one reality television show?
For 30 years, world-class airbrust Penrith artist Wayne Harrison has created art for the masses, painting everything from Harley Davidsons to jumbo jets. Now he is off to showcase his talent on television through a reality show that is seen to intrigue the audience at least initially.
On the TV show Flesh Air, Harrison is expected to create a world-famous calendar showcasing his art- works on the human body. The reality show will allow him to document his art in ways he has never done before. At the same time, the audience is about to watch something new on television, only there will be a lot of painting.
Harrison is not doing the TV show alone, of course. Though he conceived the concept, he wanted to choose who to work with if the idea actually flies. This in mind over bottles of beer, Harrison proposed a collaboration with celebrity photographer David Anderson to realize his vision.
"We wanted to get our art out there in the form of a TV show, to show off what we can do," Harrison said.
He spent two hours painting model Natalie Robinson, 21, with a spectacular island.
"It's a great experience. It's nothing like other types of modelling," Robinson said.
TVS CEO Rachel Bentley expressed hopes that the new program will be well-received, saying that after seeing an episode, "watching paint dry will never be boring again."
"Flesh Air viewers can expect something that has never been seen on local TV screens before... It really is a celebration of car culture and from our point of view it is a unique, novel and exciting program," Bentley said.
Flesh Air premiers on October 13 at 9.30pm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories