Melbourne Hosts DreamWorks Production Premiere of 'How To Train Your Dragon'
August 9, 2011 7:56 AM EST
DreamWorks has teamed up with Global Creatures, the masterminds behind the phenomenon Walking with Dinosaurs, to bring high-flying, fire-breathing dragons to life. Melbourne will host the world premiere of How to Train Your Dragon Arena Spectacular, an epic arena adventure inspired by the Academy Award nominated DreamWorks Animation film, How To Train Your Dragon, which grossed approximately $500 million at the worldwide box office.
“In our film, audiences around the world were transported to the mythical world of Vikings and Dragons… and now, we are excited to immerse them in a one-of-a-kind live event in How To Train Your Dragon Arena Spectacular,” said Jeffrey Katzenberg, Chief Executive Officer of DreamWorks Animation.
In How To Train Your Dragon Arena Spectacular, audiences across the globe will have the opportunity to experience the world of How to Train Your Dragon in a one-of-a-kind, live theatrical event. Fire-breathing dragons will soar overhead, immersing audiences in a magical and mythical world of Vikings and Dragons.
The cast of characters features 24 Dragons, some with wingspans of up to 14 metres, Viking warriors and villagers as well as world-class circus and acrobatic performers. The arena spectacular will feature unrivalled production values, projections, flying, stunts, circus performers, fire and pyrotechnics.
The arena spectacle will begin its world tour in Australia in March 2012 and tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday 19 August via Ticketek. Performances will be held at Hisense Arena in Melbourne from March 2 to 11, Acer Arena in Sydney from March 15 to 25, and the Brisbane Entertainment Centre from March 28 to April 1. The production will then tour to Auckland before commencing its United States’ season in June 2012. Ticket prices range from $49.90 to $99.90
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around