Jack Vidgen Takes ‘AGT’Grand Final Risk with Original Song [VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | July 28, 2011 8:03 AM EST
Is Jack Vidgen that good or the judges of “Australia’s Got Talent” are simply being kind to the 14-year-old contestant from Manly Vale with his performance of “Yes I Am” Tuesday?
The judges and the audience gave him the standing ovation. The studio guests let out a thunderous applause. And his mom was all tears as Vidgen hit the last note of the original song the show’s presenter, Grant Denyer acknowledged at the introduction that the teen hopeful had co-written.
“Doing a song he has actually written himself called ‘Yes I Am’, and proving why he deserves to be here tonight, is Jack Vidgen,” Grant Denyer was quoted by TV Tonight as telling the the AGT viewers as he introduced the teen sensation.
Kyle Sandilands says the teen singer is a ‘star’ while Dannii Minogue claims he has a gift. Brian McFadden got the audience when he theatrically “admits he is annoyed” by the Vidgen’s talents.
“The kid can sing better than nearly anyone I know, he’s a charming, good, well-natured likeable kid, he’s now a songwriter,” AGT judge Kyle Sandilands said as he described Vidgen.
Sandilands was visibly shaking his head to express his admiration to the Aussie teen.
For Judge Dannii Minogue, Vidgen is “the biggest risk taker in the series”.
“Some people definitely have a gift - you have it,” Minogue said in reaction to the teen’s performance of his original song.
For his part, singer Brian McFadden could not hide what he referred to as “a bit of annoyance” of Vidgen who has been progressively showing his talents in his every performance.
“I heard you were singing your own song tonight and I was ‘Maybe…. I was getting really annoyed as to how perfect you’d been up ’til now. This kid’s a freak, and it was getting on my nerves because he was too good. Oh he’s writing his own song? There’s no way he can write a song as good as the other songs he’s covered,” McFadden took his time expressing his respect for Vidgen as an artist.
TV Tonight confirmed in a report that Vidgen co-wrote the song with Erina Clarke (the former vocal coach on Australian Idol and The X Factor). “Yes I am” was arranged by the show’s musical director, Dorian West.
Missed the show Tuesday? Click to watch the VIDEO and see for yourself if Jack Vidgen indeed deserves to be this year’s winner of “Australia’s Got Talent”.
Can Jack Vidgen be the next winner of “Australia’s Got Talent”?
Jack Vidgen, Australian’s “Baby Bieber” mobbed at local mall
Australia’s own Justin Bieber? [VIDEOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage