Jack Vidgen Takes ‘AGT’Grand Final Risk with Original Song [VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | July 28, 2011 8:03 AM EST
Is Jack Vidgen that good or the judges of “Australia’s Got Talent” are simply being kind to the 14-year-old contestant from Manly Vale with his performance of “Yes I Am” Tuesday?
The judges and the audience gave him the standing ovation. The studio guests let out a thunderous applause. And his mom was all tears as Vidgen hit the last note of the original song the show’s presenter, Grant Denyer acknowledged at the introduction that the teen hopeful had co-written.
“Doing a song he has actually written himself called ‘Yes I Am’, and proving why he deserves to be here tonight, is Jack Vidgen,” Grant Denyer was quoted by TV Tonight as telling the the AGT viewers as he introduced the teen sensation.
Kyle Sandilands says the teen singer is a ‘star’ while Dannii Minogue claims he has a gift. Brian McFadden got the audience when he theatrically “admits he is annoyed” by the Vidgen’s talents.
“The kid can sing better than nearly anyone I know, he’s a charming, good, well-natured likeable kid, he’s now a songwriter,” AGT judge Kyle Sandilands said as he described Vidgen.
Sandilands was visibly shaking his head to express his admiration to the Aussie teen.
For Judge Dannii Minogue, Vidgen is “the biggest risk taker in the series”.
“Some people definitely have a gift - you have it,” Minogue said in reaction to the teen’s performance of his original song.
For his part, singer Brian McFadden could not hide what he referred to as “a bit of annoyance” of Vidgen who has been progressively showing his talents in his every performance.
“I heard you were singing your own song tonight and I was ‘Maybe…. I was getting really annoyed as to how perfect you’d been up ’til now. This kid’s a freak, and it was getting on my nerves because he was too good. Oh he’s writing his own song? There’s no way he can write a song as good as the other songs he’s covered,” McFadden took his time expressing his respect for Vidgen as an artist.
TV Tonight confirmed in a report that Vidgen co-wrote the song with Erina Clarke (the former vocal coach on Australian Idol and The X Factor). “Yes I am” was arranged by the show’s musical director, Dorian West.
Missed the show Tuesday? Click to watch the VIDEO and see for yourself if Jack Vidgen indeed deserves to be this year’s winner of “Australia’s Got Talent”.
Can Jack Vidgen be the next winner of “Australia’s Got Talent”?
Jack Vidgen, Australian’s “Baby Bieber” mobbed at local mall
Australia’s own Justin Bieber? [VIDEOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales