Jack Vidgen Takes ‘AGT’Grand Final Risk with Original Song [VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | July 28, 2011 8:03 AM EST
Is Jack Vidgen that good or the judges of “Australia’s Got Talent” are simply being kind to the 14-year-old contestant from Manly Vale with his performance of “Yes I Am” Tuesday?
The judges and the audience gave him the standing ovation. The studio guests let out a thunderous applause. And his mom was all tears as Vidgen hit the last note of the original song the show’s presenter, Grant Denyer acknowledged at the introduction that the teen hopeful had co-written.
“Doing a song he has actually written himself called ‘Yes I Am’, and proving why he deserves to be here tonight, is Jack Vidgen,” Grant Denyer was quoted by TV Tonight as telling the the AGT viewers as he introduced the teen sensation.
Kyle Sandilands says the teen singer is a ‘star’ while Dannii Minogue claims he has a gift. Brian McFadden got the audience when he theatrically “admits he is annoyed” by the Vidgen’s talents.
“The kid can sing better than nearly anyone I know, he’s a charming, good, well-natured likeable kid, he’s now a songwriter,” AGT judge Kyle Sandilands said as he described Vidgen.
Sandilands was visibly shaking his head to express his admiration to the Aussie teen.
For Judge Dannii Minogue, Vidgen is “the biggest risk taker in the series”.
“Some people definitely have a gift - you have it,” Minogue said in reaction to the teen’s performance of his original song.
For his part, singer Brian McFadden could not hide what he referred to as “a bit of annoyance” of Vidgen who has been progressively showing his talents in his every performance.
“I heard you were singing your own song tonight and I was ‘Maybe…. I was getting really annoyed as to how perfect you’d been up ’til now. This kid’s a freak, and it was getting on my nerves because he was too good. Oh he’s writing his own song? There’s no way he can write a song as good as the other songs he’s covered,” McFadden took his time expressing his respect for Vidgen as an artist.
TV Tonight confirmed in a report that Vidgen co-wrote the song with Erina Clarke (the former vocal coach on Australian Idol and The X Factor). “Yes I am” was arranged by the show’s musical director, Dorian West.
Missed the show Tuesday? Click to watch the VIDEO and see for yourself if Jack Vidgen indeed deserves to be this year’s winner of “Australia’s Got Talent”.
Can Jack Vidgen be the next winner of “Australia’s Got Talent”?
Jack Vidgen, Australian’s “Baby Bieber” mobbed at local mall
Australia’s own Justin Bieber? [VIDEOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]