Arnold Schwarzenegger Not Keen on Paying Alimony to Maria Shriver
By Floyd Allen | July 22, 2011 8:06 AM EST
Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has signified in the papers filed with the courts that he has no plans on paying alimony to estranged wife, Maria Shriver.
In a report by the Associated Press, the ‘Terminator’ star indicated that he is also not interested in issuing checks for attorney fees as the celebrity couple faces legal battle that will end their 25-year marriage.
The move not to give Shriver spousal support and the refusal to pay attorney’s fees are two intentions he made that signifies a point of disagreement from the initial petition for divorce filed last July 1 by the former TV journalist.
Court documents show that both seek custody of their sons, Patrick, 17 and Christopher Sargent Shriver, 13. The couple had two more daughters, Katherine Eunice, 22 and Christina Maria Aurelia, 20.
The former couple has inked no prenuptial agreement when they tied the knot in April 1986, entitling Shriver half of Mr. Olympia’s total assets following the California law. They are expected however, to settle dispute through private mediation.
The two announced their split in May shortly after Schwarzenegger ended his term as California Governor. He later admitted fathering a child to the family’s former household keeper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown