Arnold Schwarzenegger Not Keen on Paying Alimony to Maria Shriver
By Floyd Allen | July 22, 2011 8:06 AM EST
Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has signified in the papers filed with the courts that he has no plans on paying alimony to estranged wife, Maria Shriver.
In a report by the Associated Press, the ‘Terminator’ star indicated that he is also not interested in issuing checks for attorney fees as the celebrity couple faces legal battle that will end their 25-year marriage.
The move not to give Shriver spousal support and the refusal to pay attorney’s fees are two intentions he made that signifies a point of disagreement from the initial petition for divorce filed last July 1 by the former TV journalist.
Court documents show that both seek custody of their sons, Patrick, 17 and Christopher Sargent Shriver, 13. The couple had two more daughters, Katherine Eunice, 22 and Christina Maria Aurelia, 20.
The former couple has inked no prenuptial agreement when they tied the knot in April 1986, entitling Shriver half of Mr. Olympia’s total assets following the California law. They are expected however, to settle dispute through private mediation.
The two announced their split in May shortly after Schwarzenegger ended his term as California Governor. He later admitted fathering a child to the family’s former household keeper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide