Arnold Schwarzenegger Not Keen on Paying Alimony to Maria Shriver
By Floyd Allen | July 22, 2011 8:06 AM EST
Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has signified in the papers filed with the courts that he has no plans on paying alimony to estranged wife, Maria Shriver.
In a report by the Associated Press, the ‘Terminator’ star indicated that he is also not interested in issuing checks for attorney fees as the celebrity couple faces legal battle that will end their 25-year marriage.
The move not to give Shriver spousal support and the refusal to pay attorney’s fees are two intentions he made that signifies a point of disagreement from the initial petition for divorce filed last July 1 by the former TV journalist.
Court documents show that both seek custody of their sons, Patrick, 17 and Christopher Sargent Shriver, 13. The couple had two more daughters, Katherine Eunice, 22 and Christina Maria Aurelia, 20.
The former couple has inked no prenuptial agreement when they tied the knot in April 1986, entitling Shriver half of Mr. Olympia’s total assets following the California law. They are expected however, to settle dispute through private mediation.
The two announced their split in May shortly after Schwarzenegger ended his term as California Governor. He later admitted fathering a child to the family’s former household keeper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display