Arnold Schwarzenegger Not Keen on Paying Alimony to Maria Shriver
By Floyd Allen | July 22, 2011 8:06 AM EST
Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has signified in the papers filed with the courts that he has no plans on paying alimony to estranged wife, Maria Shriver.
In a report by the Associated Press, the ‘Terminator’ star indicated that he is also not interested in issuing checks for attorney fees as the celebrity couple faces legal battle that will end their 25-year marriage.
The move not to give Shriver spousal support and the refusal to pay attorney’s fees are two intentions he made that signifies a point of disagreement from the initial petition for divorce filed last July 1 by the former TV journalist.
Court documents show that both seek custody of their sons, Patrick, 17 and Christopher Sargent Shriver, 13. The couple had two more daughters, Katherine Eunice, 22 and Christina Maria Aurelia, 20.
The former couple has inked no prenuptial agreement when they tied the knot in April 1986, entitling Shriver half of Mr. Olympia’s total assets following the California law. They are expected however, to settle dispute through private mediation.
The two announced their split in May shortly after Schwarzenegger ended his term as California Governor. He later admitted fathering a child to the family’s former household keeper.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports