Michael Moore tweets dismay over Osama Bin Laden killings
By Floyd Allen | May 6, 2011 4:02 PM EST
From 800,000 followers in his Twitter account, Michael Moore’s has recorded 15,000 more in just five days from April 30, Saturday to May 4, Wednesday. And in those days, the American filmmaker has been under firestorm as he started to voice his stand and continued to defend his position on the death of Osama Bin Laden.
And with the surge of his followers, Moore knew that someone and more were ‘reading his tweets’.
Here’s the ten-point arguments Moore has tweeted following the White House announcement of Bin Laden’s killings:
- "The Pakistanis knew OBL was there..."
- "They put him there under house arrest at their WestPoint..."
- "They cut a deal with us: They would hold him there & stop him fr any more terror."
- "But OBL prob f-ed up & started planning something..."
- "So Pakistan said, f*** it, he's expendable, u guys can have him. And they looked the other way."
- "No way do choppers fly in next door to army base and "WestPoint", have firefight, blow up chopper, and no cops or Paki soldiers show up?"
- "Please! Pakistan just couldn't be seen as participating with us. And please-- the CIA didn't know he was living there for 6 yrs?"
- "As long as he wasn't conducting terror, OBL alive served a purpose. Someone should just fess up: The war industry needs fear to make $$"
- "And when he was no longer needed, or he was back to his old ways, he had to be taken out. WH, just say it: He was executed, period."
- "Finally, when we put the Nazis on trial @ Nuremberg, it was right. It exposed their evil & it showed WE believe in a system of justice."
The Academy Award winner, ‘Fahrenheit 911’ director, Michael Moore has called on President Barack Obama ‘to come clean’ on what really happened behind the walls of the mansion where Osama Bin Laden has met his death.
More from IBT Entertainment:
Like us on Facebook
The filmmaker who has been under firestorm of ‘semantics arguments’ on Twitter about Bin Laden’s demise, expressed his dismay over the manner by which the American government attempted the capture leading to the terrorist leader’s killings.
Moore maintained that Bin Laden should have gone to trial. He also asserted that the Al-Qaeda leader was executed.
He tweeted: “What's so wrong w/ just saying the truth? "We executed him." Fine. I'm guessing most would applaud u. So I like trials! Call me an American!”
The director noted that America ‘lost [its] soul’ with Bin Laden’s ‘execution’.
He said: “Maybe I’m just an old-school American who believes in our judicial system.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast