Michael Moore tweets dismay over Osama Bin Laden killings
By Floyd Allen | May 6, 2011 4:02 PM EST
From 800,000 followers in his Twitter account, Michael Moore’s has recorded 15,000 more in just five days from April 30, Saturday to May 4, Wednesday. And in those days, the American filmmaker has been under firestorm as he started to voice his stand and continued to defend his position on the death of Osama Bin Laden.
And with the surge of his followers, Moore knew that someone and more were ‘reading his tweets’.
Here’s the ten-point arguments Moore has tweeted following the White House announcement of Bin Laden’s killings:
- "The Pakistanis knew OBL was there..."
- "They put him there under house arrest at their WestPoint..."
- "They cut a deal with us: They would hold him there & stop him fr any more terror."
- "But OBL prob f-ed up & started planning something..."
- "So Pakistan said, f*** it, he's expendable, u guys can have him. And they looked the other way."
- "No way do choppers fly in next door to army base and "WestPoint", have firefight, blow up chopper, and no cops or Paki soldiers show up?"
- "Please! Pakistan just couldn't be seen as participating with us. And please-- the CIA didn't know he was living there for 6 yrs?"
- "As long as he wasn't conducting terror, OBL alive served a purpose. Someone should just fess up: The war industry needs fear to make $$"
- "And when he was no longer needed, or he was back to his old ways, he had to be taken out. WH, just say it: He was executed, period."
- "Finally, when we put the Nazis on trial @ Nuremberg, it was right. It exposed their evil & it showed WE believe in a system of justice."
The Academy Award winner, ‘Fahrenheit 911’ director, Michael Moore has called on President Barack Obama ‘to come clean’ on what really happened behind the walls of the mansion where Osama Bin Laden has met his death.
More from IBT Entertainment:
Like us on Facebook
The filmmaker who has been under firestorm of ‘semantics arguments’ on Twitter about Bin Laden’s demise, expressed his dismay over the manner by which the American government attempted the capture leading to the terrorist leader’s killings.
Moore maintained that Bin Laden should have gone to trial. He also asserted that the Al-Qaeda leader was executed.
He tweeted: “What's so wrong w/ just saying the truth? "We executed him." Fine. I'm guessing most would applaud u. So I like trials! Call me an American!”
The director noted that America ‘lost [its] soul’ with Bin Laden’s ‘execution’.
He said: “Maybe I’m just an old-school American who believes in our judicial system.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales