City seeks world record of circumcised boys on May 7
By Alyangka Francheska | May 2, 2011 10:07 AM EST
A city east of the Philippine capital Manila is trying to set a world record for the most number of circumcised boys on May 7. The city government of Marikina has announced its "Tule (Circumcision) Party" to highlight the event.
In a statement, the city government said the "Tule Party" would be held at the city sports complex and invites boys aged and up to undergo circumcision for free.
Traditionally, Filipino males undergo circumcision during the summer breaks (between April and May) at a cost ranging $30 to $100.
According the city health officer Alberto Herrera, the "party" would be held from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Qualified doctors will be conducting the surgery using modern medical facilities for the event, he added.
An estimated 1,500 boys are expected to participate in the event to make it to the Guinness Book of World Records list.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia-NATO Tactical Warplanes In Rapid Stand-off; Putin Orders Snap Military Drills
- Russia Does Not Belong To International Financial System Says David Cameron, Plus New Sanctions Imminent -- Reports
- Russia Decides Not To Involve Ukraine's Facilties In Its Strategic Missile Production Plans
- ISIS Does Killing Spree Of Over 150 Women, Girls Because They Refused To Marry Mad, Crazy Jihadists
- Russia and US Fight For Underwater Drone Supremacy; Moscow Builds More Warplanes Than US