Sound Reasons to Invest in Commercial Assets, JLL Says
April 27, 2011 8:16 PM EST
There are still a number of "sound reasons" for investors to be looking at the opportunities available to them within global commercial property markets, it has been suggested.
Paul Guest, Jones Lang LaSalle's global capital markets research director, said that current perceived inflation hedge, supply shortages, appealing risk-adjusted returns, still-attractive pricing and a pick-up in debt issuance and securitisation are ensuring that the sector remains attractive.
His comments follow a report from the consultancy that global direct commercial real estate investment volumes totalled just under USD 90 billion in the first quarter of 2011. Jones Lang LaSalle predicts that a further USD 290 to 310 billion in direct commercial real estate transactions will be recorded in the remainder of this year.
It comes after CB Richard Ellis reported that investment in European retail property has hit its highest level for three years, with the asset class clearly outperforming other sectors.
The firm said that total investment in retail property rose four per cent quarter-on-quarter to reach EUR 12.2 billion.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Analyst: Slowdown in Home Prices is Good, the Final Stage to Economic Recovery
- Film Buff and Real Estate Developer Buys Third Movie House in Greenwich Village
- 3 Basic Requirements to Start Converting Your House into a Smart Home
- 3 Keys to Real Estate Selling Success, According to Aussie Superstar Agent
- U.S. Housing Starts Data in July Turns Around Lackluster Real Estate Growth
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers