Sound Reasons to Invest in Commercial Assets, JLL Says
April 27, 2011 8:16 PM EST
There are still a number of "sound reasons" for investors to be looking at the opportunities available to them within global commercial property markets, it has been suggested.
Paul Guest, Jones Lang LaSalle's global capital markets research director, said that current perceived inflation hedge, supply shortages, appealing risk-adjusted returns, still-attractive pricing and a pick-up in debt issuance and securitisation are ensuring that the sector remains attractive.
His comments follow a report from the consultancy that global direct commercial real estate investment volumes totalled just under USD 90 billion in the first quarter of 2011. Jones Lang LaSalle predicts that a further USD 290 to 310 billion in direct commercial real estate transactions will be recorded in the remainder of this year.
It comes after CB Richard Ellis reported that investment in European retail property has hit its highest level for three years, with the asset class clearly outperforming other sectors.
The firm said that total investment in retail property rose four per cent quarter-on-quarter to reach EUR 12.2 billion.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- New Crowdfunding Firm Focuses on Alternative Mortgage Financing
- Real Estate Investing Is ‘All Local,’ Says Canadian Portfolio Manager
- New People-Centric Ad Campaign Reminds Industry To Sell The Idea Of ‘Homeownership’
- Real Estate Shutterbugs Await FAA Rules To Post Drone Shots
- What We Know About Australia's Most Expensive Street
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown