Sound Reasons to Invest in Commercial Assets, JLL Says
April 27, 2011 8:16 PM EST
There are still a number of "sound reasons" for investors to be looking at the opportunities available to them within global commercial property markets, it has been suggested.
Paul Guest, Jones Lang LaSalle's global capital markets research director, said that current perceived inflation hedge, supply shortages, appealing risk-adjusted returns, still-attractive pricing and a pick-up in debt issuance and securitisation are ensuring that the sector remains attractive.
His comments follow a report from the consultancy that global direct commercial real estate investment volumes totalled just under USD 90 billion in the first quarter of 2011. Jones Lang LaSalle predicts that a further USD 290 to 310 billion in direct commercial real estate transactions will be recorded in the remainder of this year.
It comes after CB Richard Ellis reported that investment in European retail property has hit its highest level for three years, with the asset class clearly outperforming other sectors.
The firm said that total investment in retail property rose four per cent quarter-on-quarter to reach EUR 12.2 billion.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $2B Lease By American Investor On Philippine Island For 25 Years
- Australia Second Highest Overpriced in World in Housing Prices
- France, Germany Lead Europe's Commercial Real Estate Market
- New Crowdfunding Firm Focuses on Alternative Mortgage Financing
- Real Estate Investing Is ‘All Local,’ Says Canadian Portfolio Manager
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money