Sound Reasons to Invest in Commercial Assets, JLL Says
April 27, 2011 8:16 PM EST
There are still a number of "sound reasons" for investors to be looking at the opportunities available to them within global commercial property markets, it has been suggested.
Paul Guest, Jones Lang LaSalle's global capital markets research director, said that current perceived inflation hedge, supply shortages, appealing risk-adjusted returns, still-attractive pricing and a pick-up in debt issuance and securitisation are ensuring that the sector remains attractive.
His comments follow a report from the consultancy that global direct commercial real estate investment volumes totalled just under USD 90 billion in the first quarter of 2011. Jones Lang LaSalle predicts that a further USD 290 to 310 billion in direct commercial real estate transactions will be recorded in the remainder of this year.
It comes after CB Richard Ellis reported that investment in European retail property has hit its highest level for three years, with the asset class clearly outperforming other sectors.
The firm said that total investment in retail property rose four per cent quarter-on-quarter to reach EUR 12.2 billion.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Three U.S. Federal Agencies Cooperate for More Housing Choices
- Canada Developers Have a Taste for U.S. Hotspots
- Zillow to Acquire Web Real Estate Site Trulia
- China’s Wealthiest Man to Spend $1.7B on Australians Beachfront Resort on Gold Coast
- Innovative App Seen to Put an End to Real Estate Underquoting
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display