Sound Reasons to Invest in Commercial Assets, JLL Says
April 27, 2011 8:16 PM EST
There are still a number of "sound reasons" for investors to be looking at the opportunities available to them within global commercial property markets, it has been suggested.
Paul Guest, Jones Lang LaSalle's global capital markets research director, said that current perceived inflation hedge, supply shortages, appealing risk-adjusted returns, still-attractive pricing and a pick-up in debt issuance and securitisation are ensuring that the sector remains attractive.
His comments follow a report from the consultancy that global direct commercial real estate investment volumes totalled just under USD 90 billion in the first quarter of 2011. Jones Lang LaSalle predicts that a further USD 290 to 310 billion in direct commercial real estate transactions will be recorded in the remainder of this year.
It comes after CB Richard Ellis reported that investment in European retail property has hit its highest level for three years, with the asset class clearly outperforming other sectors.
The firm said that total investment in retail property rose four per cent quarter-on-quarter to reach EUR 12.2 billion.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- New Zealand Minister Announces Web Site for Scrapping Outdated Rules
- Ellen DeGeneres Earns $15M Profit in $55M LA Mansion Sales to Sean Parker
- FAA Shots Down Drone Use for Real Estate Industry
- Social Site for Real Estate Agents Beats Zillow in Terms of Listings
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]