Property Investors Look to UAE Amid Political Turmoil in Region
April 27, 2011 8:16 PM EST
Political turmoil in the Middle East and other Gulf regions will be a boost to the property market in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, it has been suggested. According to a poll by Reuters, many investors view the emirates as safe havens for investment amid the troubles.
But prices in Dubai are set to plummet another ten per cent before they stabilise, while prices in Abu Dhabi will drop another 20 per cent.
The news provider explained that Dubai will see prices decline a total 65 per cent from their peak. They will fall by five per cent in 2011 and another one per cent in 2012, the poll added.
"Regional unrest highlighted again Dubai's status as a safe harbour. We expect foreign money in some of these countries to be withdrawn and reinvested in Dubai. The real estate sector could benefit from this," said Nabil Ahmed, real estate research analyst for Deutsche Bank.
The poll, which took the opinions of banks, investment and research firms, also found that Dubai's real estate market is oversupplied, which is putting pressure on the prices, a median of eight respondents indicating it is 28 per cent over supplied.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- U.S. Housing Starts Data in July Turns Around Lackluster Real Estate Growth
- Three U.S. Federal Agencies Cooperate for More Housing Choices
- Canada Developers Have a Taste for U.S. Hotspots
- Zillow to Acquire Web Real Estate Site Trulia
- China’s Wealthiest Man to Spend $1.7B on Australians Beachfront Resort on Gold Coast
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members