Property Investors Look to UAE Amid Political Turmoil in Region
April 27, 2011 8:16 PM EST
Political turmoil in the Middle East and other Gulf regions will be a boost to the property market in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, it has been suggested. According to a poll by Reuters, many investors view the emirates as safe havens for investment amid the troubles.
But prices in Dubai are set to plummet another ten per cent before they stabilise, while prices in Abu Dhabi will drop another 20 per cent.
The news provider explained that Dubai will see prices decline a total 65 per cent from their peak. They will fall by five per cent in 2011 and another one per cent in 2012, the poll added.
"Regional unrest highlighted again Dubai's status as a safe harbour. We expect foreign money in some of these countries to be withdrawn and reinvested in Dubai. The real estate sector could benefit from this," said Nabil Ahmed, real estate research analyst for Deutsche Bank.
The poll, which took the opinions of banks, investment and research firms, also found that Dubai's real estate market is oversupplied, which is putting pressure on the prices, a median of eight respondents indicating it is 28 per cent over supplied.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Analyst: Slowdown in Home Prices is Good, the Final Stage to Economic Recovery
- Film Buff and Real Estate Developer Buys Third Movie House in Greenwich Village
- 3 Basic Requirements to Start Converting Your House into a Smart Home
- 3 Keys to Real Estate Selling Success, According to Aussie Superstar Agent
- U.S. Housing Starts Data in July Turns Around Lackluster Real Estate Growth
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase