Property Investors Look to UAE Amid Political Turmoil in Region
April 27, 2011 8:16 PM EST
Political turmoil in the Middle East and other Gulf regions will be a boost to the property market in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, it has been suggested. According to a poll by Reuters, many investors view the emirates as safe havens for investment amid the troubles.
But prices in Dubai are set to plummet another ten per cent before they stabilise, while prices in Abu Dhabi will drop another 20 per cent.
The news provider explained that Dubai will see prices decline a total 65 per cent from their peak. They will fall by five per cent in 2011 and another one per cent in 2012, the poll added.
"Regional unrest highlighted again Dubai's status as a safe harbour. We expect foreign money in some of these countries to be withdrawn and reinvested in Dubai. The real estate sector could benefit from this," said Nabil Ahmed, real estate research analyst for Deutsche Bank.
The poll, which took the opinions of banks, investment and research firms, also found that Dubai's real estate market is oversupplied, which is putting pressure on the prices, a median of eight respondents indicating it is 28 per cent over supplied.
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices