Property Investors Look to UAE Amid Political Turmoil in Region
April 27, 2011 8:16 PM EST
Political turmoil in the Middle East and other Gulf regions will be a boost to the property market in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, it has been suggested. According to a poll by Reuters, many investors view the emirates as safe havens for investment amid the troubles.
But prices in Dubai are set to plummet another ten per cent before they stabilise, while prices in Abu Dhabi will drop another 20 per cent.
The news provider explained that Dubai will see prices decline a total 65 per cent from their peak. They will fall by five per cent in 2011 and another one per cent in 2012, the poll added.
"Regional unrest highlighted again Dubai's status as a safe harbour. We expect foreign money in some of these countries to be withdrawn and reinvested in Dubai. The real estate sector could benefit from this," said Nabil Ahmed, real estate research analyst for Deutsche Bank.
The poll, which took the opinions of banks, investment and research firms, also found that Dubai's real estate market is oversupplied, which is putting pressure on the prices, a median of eight respondents indicating it is 28 per cent over supplied.
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5 Cities With The Highest Cost Of Living In 2014
- Lamudi’s Top 5 Tourist Close-To-Nature Destinations In The Philippines
- 3 Key Changes The Real Estate Industry Is Expecting With ASEAN Integration In 2015
- $2B Lease By American Investor On Philippine Island For 25 Years
- Australia Second Highest Overpriced in World in Housing Prices
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage