Amazon profit falls 32.8 percent though sales soar
By Phil Wahba | April 27, 2011 6:29 AM EST
Amazon.com Inc reported that first-quarter sales rose 38.2 percent, above analysts' forecasts.
Net income for the world's largest online retailer was $201 million, or 44 cents per share, down 32.8 percent from $299 million, or 66 cents per share, a year earlier. Revenue was $9.86 billion.
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]