Amazon profit falls 32.8 percent though sales soar
By Phil Wahba | April 27, 2011 6:29 AM EST
Amazon.com Inc reported that first-quarter sales rose 38.2 percent, above analysts' forecasts.
Net income for the world's largest online retailer was $201 million, or 44 cents per share, down 32.8 percent from $299 million, or 66 cents per share, a year earlier. Revenue was $9.86 billion.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy