Canada voted expats' favourite destination
By Sarah Kendell | April 27, 2011 5:19 AM EST
It might not have the glamour or the year-round mild climate associated with many popular European relocation destinations, but Canada's high standards of living and beautiful natural scenery have made it a hit with British expats. The North American nation beat out Australia, New Zealand and even France to be voted the best country to relocate to in a recent survey among Britons living abroad.
According to the survey, conducted by NatWest International Personal Banking, the majority of expats chose Canada as the best place to live outside Britain because its banking, healthcare and education systems were exemplary, and the abundance of natural scenery available to visit was an added bonus. The peaceful lifestyle afforded in the country was also rated highly amongst Britons.
"Canada's excellent working conditions, financial security and peaceful reputation have pushed it into this year's pole position", said head of International Personal Banking at Natwest, Dave Isley. "It seems the pull of the beautiful Rockies, the Mounties and the taste of maple syrup is a real sticking point for British expats."
Similarly peaceful and scenic New Zealand came in second on the list, followed by Australia and South Africa. Hong Kong presented the highest earning potential for expats - 47% of those surveyed in the country were earning over £100,000 a year - although it failed to make the top 10 when other lifestyle factors were considered.
Interested in property in Canada?
Browse our listings of apartments, houses and other properties for sale in Canada here: http://canada.themovechannel.com/property/all/
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Australia Second Highest Overpriced in World in Housing Prices
- France, Germany Lead Europe's Commercial Real Estate Market
- New Crowdfunding Firm Focuses on Alternative Mortgage Financing
- Real Estate Investing Is ‘All Local,’ Says Canadian Portfolio Manager
- New People-Centric Ad Campaign Reminds Industry To Sell The Idea Of ‘Homeownership’
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown