Canada voted expats' favourite destination
By Sarah Kendell | April 27, 2011 5:19 AM EST
It might not have the glamour or the year-round mild climate associated with many popular European relocation destinations, but Canada's high standards of living and beautiful natural scenery have made it a hit with British expats. The North American nation beat out Australia, New Zealand and even France to be voted the best country to relocate to in a recent survey among Britons living abroad.
According to the survey, conducted by NatWest International Personal Banking, the majority of expats chose Canada as the best place to live outside Britain because its banking, healthcare and education systems were exemplary, and the abundance of natural scenery available to visit was an added bonus. The peaceful lifestyle afforded in the country was also rated highly amongst Britons.
"Canada's excellent working conditions, financial security and peaceful reputation have pushed it into this year's pole position", said head of International Personal Banking at Natwest, Dave Isley. "It seems the pull of the beautiful Rockies, the Mounties and the taste of maple syrup is a real sticking point for British expats."
Similarly peaceful and scenic New Zealand came in second on the list, followed by Australia and South Africa. Hong Kong presented the highest earning potential for expats - 47% of those surveyed in the country were earning over £100,000 a year - although it failed to make the top 10 when other lifestyle factors were considered.
Interested in property in Canada?
Browse our listings of apartments, houses and other properties for sale in Canada here: http://canada.themovechannel.com/property/all/
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5 Cities With The Highest Cost Of Living In 2014
- Lamudi’s Top 5 Tourist Close-To-Nature Destinations In The Philippines
- 3 Key Changes The Real Estate Industry Is Expecting With ASEAN Integration In 2015
- $2B Lease By American Investor On Philippine Island For 25 Years
- Australia Second Highest Overpriced in World in Housing Prices
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28