Canada voted expats' favourite destination
By Sarah Kendell | April 27, 2011 5:19 AM EST
It might not have the glamour or the year-round mild climate associated with many popular European relocation destinations, but Canada's high standards of living and beautiful natural scenery have made it a hit with British expats. The North American nation beat out Australia, New Zealand and even France to be voted the best country to relocate to in a recent survey among Britons living abroad.
According to the survey, conducted by NatWest International Personal Banking, the majority of expats chose Canada as the best place to live outside Britain because its banking, healthcare and education systems were exemplary, and the abundance of natural scenery available to visit was an added bonus. The peaceful lifestyle afforded in the country was also rated highly amongst Britons.
"Canada's excellent working conditions, financial security and peaceful reputation have pushed it into this year's pole position", said head of International Personal Banking at Natwest, Dave Isley. "It seems the pull of the beautiful Rockies, the Mounties and the taste of maple syrup is a real sticking point for British expats."
Similarly peaceful and scenic New Zealand came in second on the list, followed by Australia and South Africa. Hong Kong presented the highest earning potential for expats - 47% of those surveyed in the country were earning over £100,000 a year - although it failed to make the top 10 when other lifestyle factors were considered.
Interested in property in Canada?
Browse our listings of apartments, houses and other properties for sale in Canada here: http://canada.themovechannel.com/property/all/
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- $2B Lease By American Investor On Philippine Island For 25 Years
- Australia Second Highest Overpriced in World in Housing Prices
- France, Germany Lead Europe's Commercial Real Estate Market
- New Crowdfunding Firm Focuses on Alternative Mortgage Financing
- Real Estate Investing Is ‘All Local,’ Says Canadian Portfolio Manager
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build