Gareth Bale: "(Wales) has Enough to Pull off an Upset" Over England
March 24, 2011 2:04 AM EST
Wales host England at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday in a Euro 12 qualifier, and Welsh star Gareth Bale believes his squad has a chance to pull off a victory.
"We're quietly confident in the camp that we have enough to pull off an upset," said Bale in a BBC interview. "People might laugh at us, but we fully believe that we've got some good players here and we'll be fully prepared and ready to take it to England."
It might not be a smart move to announce to England that Wales is "quietly confident," but right now Bale may be in the position to talk big before matches. The winger has emerged as among the best midfielders in the world, let alone the English Premier League.
Garnering comparisons to Wales star Ryan Giggs, Bale has been a burgeoning force for Tottenham this year, and that could translate into a strong performance against England.
Bale has three goals in 27 caps for Wales, and will be joined in the midfield by Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey, who is recently back from injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles