Gareth Bale: "(Wales) has Enough to Pull off an Upset" Over England
March 24, 2011 2:04 AM EST
Wales host England at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday in a Euro 12 qualifier, and Welsh star Gareth Bale believes his squad has a chance to pull off a victory.
"We're quietly confident in the camp that we have enough to pull off an upset," said Bale in a BBC interview. "People might laugh at us, but we fully believe that we've got some good players here and we'll be fully prepared and ready to take it to England."
It might not be a smart move to announce to England that Wales is "quietly confident," but right now Bale may be in the position to talk big before matches. The winger has emerged as among the best midfielders in the world, let alone the English Premier League.
Garnering comparisons to Wales star Ryan Giggs, Bale has been a burgeoning force for Tottenham this year, and that could translate into a strong performance against England.
Bale has three goals in 27 caps for Wales, and will be joined in the midfield by Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey, who is recently back from injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L