Gareth Bale: "(Wales) has Enough to Pull off an Upset" Over England
March 24, 2011 2:04 AM EST
Wales host England at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday in a Euro 12 qualifier, and Welsh star Gareth Bale believes his squad has a chance to pull off a victory.
"We're quietly confident in the camp that we have enough to pull off an upset," said Bale in a BBC interview. "People might laugh at us, but we fully believe that we've got some good players here and we'll be fully prepared and ready to take it to England."
It might not be a smart move to announce to England that Wales is "quietly confident," but right now Bale may be in the position to talk big before matches. The winger has emerged as among the best midfielders in the world, let alone the English Premier League.
Garnering comparisons to Wales star Ryan Giggs, Bale has been a burgeoning force for Tottenham this year, and that could translate into a strong performance against England.
Bale has three goals in 27 caps for Wales, and will be joined in the midfield by Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey, who is recently back from injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8