Gareth Bale: "(Wales) has Enough to Pull off an Upset" Over England
March 24, 2011 2:04 AM EST
Wales host England at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday in a Euro 12 qualifier, and Welsh star Gareth Bale believes his squad has a chance to pull off a victory.
"We're quietly confident in the camp that we have enough to pull off an upset," said Bale in a BBC interview. "People might laugh at us, but we fully believe that we've got some good players here and we'll be fully prepared and ready to take it to England."
It might not be a smart move to announce to England that Wales is "quietly confident," but right now Bale may be in the position to talk big before matches. The winger has emerged as among the best midfielders in the world, let alone the English Premier League.
Garnering comparisons to Wales star Ryan Giggs, Bale has been a burgeoning force for Tottenham this year, and that could translate into a strong performance against England.
Bale has three goals in 27 caps for Wales, and will be joined in the midfield by Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey, who is recently back from injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected