Gareth Bale: "(Wales) has Enough to Pull off an Upset" Over England
March 24, 2011 2:04 AM EST
Wales host England at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff on Saturday in a Euro 12 qualifier, and Welsh star Gareth Bale believes his squad has a chance to pull off a victory.
"We're quietly confident in the camp that we have enough to pull off an upset," said Bale in a BBC interview. "People might laugh at us, but we fully believe that we've got some good players here and we'll be fully prepared and ready to take it to England."
It might not be a smart move to announce to England that Wales is "quietly confident," but right now Bale may be in the position to talk big before matches. The winger has emerged as among the best midfielders in the world, let alone the English Premier League.
Garnering comparisons to Wales star Ryan Giggs, Bale has been a burgeoning force for Tottenham this year, and that could translate into a strong performance against England.
Bale has three goals in 27 caps for Wales, and will be joined in the midfield by Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey, who is recently back from injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report