Jackie Weaver arrives at the red carpet like a princess
By Floyd Allen | February 28, 2011 2:13 PM EST
Nominated for her first Academy Awards in a major category, Australian actress, Jacki Weaver arrived at the Oscars red carpet in a ‘white and silver princess dress’.
Also known for her characters on television and theater, Weaver donned a princess dress designed by Australian designer, Collette Dinnigan.
"I feel like I'm at the Olympic Games," Weaver was quoted by The Herald Sun as telling reporters outside the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles.
She added, "I feel like I'm one of the five finalists in the grand final... I never expected this after 48 years of acting. I can't believe it. I'm so thrilled. It's such an honour."
The Oscar nominee also admitted that she had been warned about the ‘post-Oscar blues’.
She noted, "Somebody told me that tomorrow is such a let down after the last few weeks of the awards season."
The 63-year-old actress is nominated for her role as Janine Cody for Animal Kingdom, a movie about the activities of a Melbourne crime family. Weaver plays “Smurf”, a mother of three criminal sons, described by Vanity Fair as the ultimate grandmother’.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- 'The Flash' Season 1, Episode 10 Spoilers: Dr Wells Connection To Reverse Flash, Firestorm Focus, and 'Prison Break' Actors As Villains In Next New Episode
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)