Len Lesser dies at 88, due to cancer-related pneumonia
By Floyd Allen | February 18, 2011 3:19 PM EST
The actor who rose to fame for his role as Uncle Leo on “Seinfeld”, Len Lesser died on Wednesday, February 16 due to cancer-related pneumonia. Citing the statement issued by Lesser’s family, the Associated Press said that the 88-year old veteran character actor died in Burbank California.
“Heaven got a great comedian and actor today,” the AP quoted Lesser’s daughter, Michele as saying in a statement.
The family also expressed gratitude for the support and sympathy received from friends and family. They also thanked those who had been a part of Lesser’s life and have provided him love.
“The outpouring of sympathy we’ve already received has been amazing and is so greatly appreciated.” Michele added, according to AP. “Thank you to all the people who helped make my father’s last journey special and surrounded with love”.
The actor who appeared in a number of television shows is survived by his daughter, Michele; son, David and daughter-in-law, Julie as well as his grandchildren, Jonathan, Kayla, and Mayah.
Lesser latest television appearance was on a TV drama, “Castle”. Other shows he was part of included “Get Smart”, “That Girl”, “The Munsters”, “The Monkees”, “The Rockford Files”, “Thirtysomething”, “ER”, “Everybody Loves Raymond”. The show “Everybody Loves Raymond”, said AP featured Lesser as the arm-shaking Garvin.
Lesser also appeared on a number of films, including “Outlaw Josey Wales”, “Kelly’s Heroes”, “Birdman of Alcatraz”, and “Death Hunt”. The actor had also worked on stage since he began acting since 1955. His projects in the entertainment industry show collaboration with big stars like Clint Eastwood, Barbra Streisand, Lee Marvin, Dustin Hoffman and Steve McQueen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop