Len Lesser dies at 88, due to cancer-related pneumonia
By Floyd Allen | February 18, 2011 3:19 PM EST
The actor who rose to fame for his role as Uncle Leo on “Seinfeld”, Len Lesser died on Wednesday, February 16 due to cancer-related pneumonia. Citing the statement issued by Lesser’s family, the Associated Press said that the 88-year old veteran character actor died in Burbank California.
“Heaven got a great comedian and actor today,” the AP quoted Lesser’s daughter, Michele as saying in a statement.
The family also expressed gratitude for the support and sympathy received from friends and family. They also thanked those who had been a part of Lesser’s life and have provided him love.
“The outpouring of sympathy we’ve already received has been amazing and is so greatly appreciated.” Michele added, according to AP. “Thank you to all the people who helped make my father’s last journey special and surrounded with love”.
The actor who appeared in a number of television shows is survived by his daughter, Michele; son, David and daughter-in-law, Julie as well as his grandchildren, Jonathan, Kayla, and Mayah.
Lesser latest television appearance was on a TV drama, “Castle”. Other shows he was part of included “Get Smart”, “That Girl”, “The Munsters”, “The Monkees”, “The Rockford Files”, “Thirtysomething”, “ER”, “Everybody Loves Raymond”. The show “Everybody Loves Raymond”, said AP featured Lesser as the arm-shaking Garvin.
Lesser also appeared on a number of films, including “Outlaw Josey Wales”, “Kelly’s Heroes”, “Birdman of Alcatraz”, and “Death Hunt”. The actor had also worked on stage since he began acting since 1955. His projects in the entertainment industry show collaboration with big stars like Clint Eastwood, Barbra Streisand, Lee Marvin, Dustin Hoffman and Steve McQueen.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up