Full Text of Obama's 2012 Fiscal Year Federal Budget Proposal - February 14, 2011
February 15, 2011 6:13 AM EST
President Barack Obama unveiled the fiscal year 2012 budget on February 12, 2011. The total budget is $3.73 billion in spending. The budget deficit which accompanies the budget is $1.1 trillion. The 2011 fiscal year will see a $1.65 trillion deficit.
The 212 page long budget proposal includes:
- A message from the President.
- The Obama administration's shift from the policies to "rescue" the economy when the financial crisis which began in 2007 to the "rebuilding" necessary to get the economy going again.
- The President's view that for the U.S. to compete globally and win, investments need to be made in areas of education, infrastructure, and "innovation" such as spending for scientific research and development.
- A breakdown of the proposed budget for various agencies under the President's control, such as the 16 departments, which include the Defense Department, Treasury dEpartment, Homeland Security Department and others.
- Other agencies include NASA, the Small Business Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency and Social Security Administration.
- A summary of tables.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- New Zealand and China Decide to Boost Defence Ties
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Russian Govt Found Tinkering Wikipedia Crash Info
- Scientists Warn MERS Virus Could be Spread Airborne
- British PM Cameron Urges Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales