Forex (FX) Terminologies: Forward Deal and Options Deal
February 14, 2011 11:50 AM EST
What is a Forward deal?
A ‘Forward deal’ is an exchange transaction between currency pairs with settlement to occur at a specified future date. Such a transaction will state the specific amount of the asset to be delivered at the specific time as well as the unit price at which it will be delivered.
The Forward deal’s rate is to be decided during the contract and it is called the ‘Forward rate’. The size of the Forward deal and its duration are adjusted to the client’s needs and can be executed anytime, with no time limits.
Forward deals are not tradable and cannot be canceled. The obligation between the two sides is absolute. All money transfer occurs at the specified value date.
What is Options deal?
Option deals, give the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell for a constant sum, during (or end) of the settlement time period, at a predetermined constant exchange rate.
Unlike Spot or Forward deals, both high and low volatility may generate a profit in the Options market.
Currency options constitute the fastest-growing segment of FX market and represent 5% of FX market. The biggest options trading center is the US market, followed by the Great Britain and Japan. Options prices derived from cash.
To know more about Foreign Exchange market and how it works, avail of the free e-book Foreign Exchange Guide Book from ForexCT by signing up here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display