Forex (FX) Terminologies: Forward Deal and Options Deal
February 14, 2011 11:50 AM EST
What is a Forward deal?
A ‘Forward deal’ is an exchange transaction between currency pairs with settlement to occur at a specified future date. Such a transaction will state the specific amount of the asset to be delivered at the specific time as well as the unit price at which it will be delivered.
The Forward deal’s rate is to be decided during the contract and it is called the ‘Forward rate’. The size of the Forward deal and its duration are adjusted to the client’s needs and can be executed anytime, with no time limits.
Forward deals are not tradable and cannot be canceled. The obligation between the two sides is absolute. All money transfer occurs at the specified value date.
What is Options deal?
Option deals, give the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell for a constant sum, during (or end) of the settlement time period, at a predetermined constant exchange rate.
Unlike Spot or Forward deals, both high and low volatility may generate a profit in the Options market.
Currency options constitute the fastest-growing segment of FX market and represent 5% of FX market. The biggest options trading center is the US market, followed by the Great Britain and Japan. Options prices derived from cash.
To know more about Foreign Exchange market and how it works, avail of the free e-book Foreign Exchange Guide Book from ForexCT by signing up here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More