Forex (FX) Terminologies: Forward Deal and Options Deal
February 14, 2011 11:50 AM EST
What is a Forward deal?
A ‘Forward deal’ is an exchange transaction between currency pairs with settlement to occur at a specified future date. Such a transaction will state the specific amount of the asset to be delivered at the specific time as well as the unit price at which it will be delivered.
The Forward deal’s rate is to be decided during the contract and it is called the ‘Forward rate’. The size of the Forward deal and its duration are adjusted to the client’s needs and can be executed anytime, with no time limits.
Forward deals are not tradable and cannot be canceled. The obligation between the two sides is absolute. All money transfer occurs at the specified value date.
What is Options deal?
Option deals, give the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell for a constant sum, during (or end) of the settlement time period, at a predetermined constant exchange rate.
Unlike Spot or Forward deals, both high and low volatility may generate a profit in the Options market.
Currency options constitute the fastest-growing segment of FX market and represent 5% of FX market. The biggest options trading center is the US market, followed by the Great Britain and Japan. Options prices derived from cash.
To know more about Foreign Exchange market and how it works, avail of the free e-book Foreign Exchange Guide Book from ForexCT by signing up here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier