Avoid fundamental influences in your trading
By Roger Baettig | February 9, 2011 7:05 AM EST
Are you a beginner trader? Are your winning trades sometimes suddenly stopped out and you didn't know why? Perhaps it was because some economic indicators were published. Perhaps there was an ECB press conference.
So what does it mean? For example the U.S. Government publishes every month (in the first week) their unemployment rate. Traders worldwide are waiting very nervously on these numbers, because the published numbers can be away from the forecast, so there will be a surprise in the market. In that case the market will move a lot.
So, in the hours before the unemployment rate gets published many traders stay out of the market. Why is it like that? It is because they are technical traders. Even though their technical indicators tell them to enter the market, they stay out.
If you are a technical trader, you need to know when the economic indicators for the currencies you are trading will be published. Therefore I can highly recommend you take a look every day at Forex-Factory.
There you will get a calendar with the most important economic indicators. Make sure to stay out the markets, when they get published.
For a trader it is always important to reduce risks.
Enjoy your trading!
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones