T-Mobile Announces Ambitious Free Smartphone Offer
By Gabriel Perna | February 8, 2011 11:33 PM EST
While the general consensus in the mobile industry seems to be raising prices on smartphones is best for business, T-Mobile has decided to take a new approach to selling phones.
The company announced on Friday, February 11 and Saturday, February 12, all T-Mobile phones, even 4G smartphones, will be offered for free at T-Mobile retail stores with qualifying plan on two-year contract. It is being promoted as a Valentine's Day deal.
T-Mobile has prominent smartphones in its array including the myTouch 4G, HTC HD7, T-Mobile G2 and the Samsung Vibrant. The company does say a mail-in rebate might apply to certain phones, and some stores may not be included at all.
"Smartphones offer people incredible flexibility to stay connected and express their love to the people that matter most," John Clelland, senior vice president of marketing, T-Mobile USA, said in a statement. "T-Mobile's Valentine's promotion makes it easier for anyone to get their favorite smartphone and keep connected on America's largest 4G network."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments