Solid Earnings Report from Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) but Tepid Reaction
By Trader Mark | January 22, 2011 3:09 AM EST
I am a bit surprised by the lack of reaction to what appears to be a very nice report from Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) last evening. Beat by a penny and raised guidance for next quarter by 1-3 cents over current expectations. Perhaps it has to do with the huge run (almost 100% from trough to peak) the stock has enjoyed the past 6 months, which has discounted some of the news.
- Cellphone chipmaker Skyworks Solutions Inc (SWKS) posted better-than-expected quarterly results and forecast second-quarter above market estimates on firm demand for smartphones, tablets and a shift to 4G.
- For January-March quarter Skyworks forecast second-quarter earnings of 38-40 cents a share, excluding items, on revenue of $310-$320 million. Analysts were looking for earnings of 37 cents a share, before items, on revenue of $306.5 million.
- In the October-December quarter, Skyworks net income doubled to $60.9 million, or 32 cents a share, from $28 million, or 16 cents a share, a year ago. Excluding items, it earned 41 cents a share, above analysts' view of 40 cents a share.
- Revenue at the company rose 37% to $335.1 million, above analysts expectation of $334 million.
Cramer had the CEO on last evening - 8 minute video
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0