Owners of Apple's iPhone 5 purchased between Sept. 2012 and Jan. 2013 have a reason to smile. Apple will be replacing the batteries of Apple iPhone 5 "free of cost," pertaining to a specific serial number range.
Apparently, many users who bought the iPhone 5 in the aforementioned time frame are experiencing battery issues. The main problems are reduction in battery life and frequent charging requirement to get through a normal day, according to Apple.
Therefore, the Cupertino-based Apple is requesting the owners of the iPhone 5 picked up between Sept. 2012 and Jan. 2013 to verify if their handset is eligible for Apple's free battery replacement scheme. The owners are expected to enter the serial number of the iPhone 5 on Apple's website pertaining to battery replacement program to find out the eligibility. Apple iPhone 5 owners can check the eligibility from the company's official site.
Readers should enter the serial number in the text box provided under subsection "Eligibility" and hit the submit button. It is worth noting that, this battery replacement scheme commences from Aug. 22 in the U.S. and China. The other countries, meanwhile, can avail this offer starting Aug. 29, 2014.
The iPhone 5 users with battery faults can choose one of the services provided below to get a replacement battery. User should also note that Apple will scrutinize the iPhone 5 before the chosen service is approved. This examination is required to check the eligibility, in addition, to ascertain if the device is in working order.
Interested readers can opt for any one of the services from the three options:
1. From Apple Authorized Service Providers - Check out the location information by clicking here.
2. From Apple Retail Store - Users can schedule an appointment by clicking here.
3. Via Apple Technical Support - Get in touch with Apple directly by clicking here.
In order to make the iPhone 5 ready for the battery replacement program, Apple wants its users to do the following:
1. Backup of all the data either to iTunes or iCloud.
2. Switch off the Find my iPhone option.
3. Delete data and the personalized settings by navigating to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all Content and Settings.
In case, the eligible iPhone 5 has damages like damaged screen, Apple wants the owners to fix the problem prior to opting for the battery replacement program.
1. Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped - [Read]
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 With Exynos 5433 Processor Spotted In AnTuTu Ranks Higher Than Snapdragon 805 Processor - [Read]
3. 9 Killer Motorola Devices In The Offing - DROID Maxx, Moto X+1, Moto 360, Moto G, Moto S, Nexus (Shamu) And More - [Read]