An Apple iPhone 5 case which renders the premium smartphone waterproof is essential for mobile users who have an active outdoor lifestyle. If you are still thinking of a Valentine's Day gift for your loved one, here is an idea. Even those who are not the beach-going type also need it, just to be very sure about protecting such a very expensive device.
iPhone 5 Case, Waterproof iPhone Cases on Amazon
Waterproof iPhone case as a Valentine's Day gift? (Image: Amazon.com)
Amazon has a selection of waterproof iPhone cases from which Apple gadget owners can choose. If you want an iPhone 5 case, check out some of the items below.
1. Lifeproof Case for Apple iPhone 5 (By Lifeproof). A complete sealed case meant to securely fit the iPhone 5. It is a shield against dust particles, and it is waterproof up to 6.6 feet, so you don't have to worry about carrying it around when you feel like hanging out at the beach. Price: $58.00 (down from $79.99)
2. X-1 (By H2O Audio). It can work as an iPhone 5 case, as well as a protective accessory for Blackberry and some Android smartphones. It works up to 12 feet underwater. Price: $27.11 (from $39.99)
3. iPhone 5 Ultimate Waterproof Case (By iContact). It is "not for everyday use" iPhone 5 case, because a reviewer indicated the speakers sounded quite faulty inside. But this case can go up to 1 meter underwater. Price: $49.95 (from $89.99)
4. iOttie Waterproof Skin Case Cover Pouch for iPhone 5. This protective package includes 2 waterproof skins, 4 sealing tapes, and 4 pink leakage indicators. A reviewer said he has used this item for about an hour -- snorkeling and taking photos with his iPhone 5. Recommended for 1-2 time use. Price: $14.99 (from $19.99)
5. DandyCase Blue Waterproof Case. It is an iPhone 5 case that can also be used with Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X/X+, Galaxy Note 2, Droid RAZR/MAXX, and Nexus 4 among other devices. A Galaxy S3 user reviewed the product. He didn't encounter issues after 1 hour of underwater activity. Price: $14.99 (from $39.99)