Users of Sony Xperia E1, Xperia M2 and Xperia T2 Ultra are now receiving the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update which features major improvements such as new user interface, updated Sony native apps and services, and upgrades on the camera user experience.
Sony Xperia E1 and E1 Dual
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia E1 smartphone is available in two different build versions depending on which variant. Sony Xperia E1 single-SIM will get 20.1.A.0.47 Android KitKat firmware build version while the Xperia E1 dual-SIM will receive 20.1.B.0.64 firmware build version. Below is the official change log of the latest software update from Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4 KitKat new features and enhancements
- Improved software stability for smother performance
- Camera improvements for enhanced performance
- Support of colourful emojis for messaging
- Screenshot menu now available
Sony Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat is now rolling out for Sony Xperia M2 single-SIM with firmware build version 18.3.C.0.37 for the LTE variant while the Xperia M2 dual-SIM will receive 18.3.B.0.31 build version according to reports from XperiaBlog. As of now, the update for D2305 and D2306 has not yet rolled out but users should expect it soon.
Below are expected changes for the smartphone based on the official blog details from Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4 default features and security enhancements from Google
- Improvements on the user interface, Status Bar and Quick Settings
- Updates on several Sony native applications
- Enhancements on the battery STAMINA mode
- Various themes available via Sony Select or Google Play Store
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia T2 Ultra Dual
Users of the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra can now download the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. Xperia T2 Ultra single-SIM will receive the 19.1.A.0.473 build version while the dual-SIM model will get the 19.1.C.0.116 build version. Here are the details of the software update confirmed by Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat new features and enhancements
- Updated Camera app and overall tuning to improve the camera experience
- Enhanced email app
- Stability, performance and battery improvements
Users of Sony Xperia E1, Xperia M2 and Xperia T2 Ultra can simply download and install the Android KitKat update using the Update Centre app found inside the App Menu or via Sony PC suite such as Sony PC Companion and Sony Bridge for MAC.