Google released the latest Android version 4.2.2 and the first line up of devices to gain the update is the Nexus line, including Galaxy Nexus. A factory image for the Galaxy Nexus released also by Google confirms that it will soon receive a 4.2.2 Jellybean update.
But for those who cannot wait and want to experience ROMs developed by modders, a custom ROM for Galaxy Nexus with build number JDQ39 can be tried out with the 4.2.2 version.
A video tutorial on how to do it was uploaded in YouTube showing the methods on how to install the custom build ROM.
1. Must have a custom recovery app and the device must be rooted.
2. Back up the device for restoration purposes.
3. The install zip file needed for flashing.
4. Make sure the device has at least 40% battery life to avoid any problems during the installation.
Disclaimer: This flashing of ROM is on the risk of the user and experience may be required to perform such. Do not skip or fail to follow the exact procedure to prevent bricking your device. Back up everything such as contact, SMS, data files, and multimedia files.
How to install the custom build with Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
1. Copy the zip file you have downloaded to the phone's SD card.
2. Reboot the device using the custom recovery app to "Recovery Mode".
3. Wipe data/reset, cache, and Dalvik cache.
4. Choose "install or update from SD card".
5. Select the zip file you have downloaded to install.
6. Once the flashing has been completed, reboot the device. The reboot may take several minutes to finish.
7. Check the "about phone" and view the Android version and the build number confirmation that the flash is a success.
Included in the custom ROM:
- Google Apps
- Root access/Super User
- CM Style Extended Power Menu - Reboot, hot reboot, reboot to recovery, reboot bootloader
- Long press volume with screen off to skip track
Here is the link to the xda developer original forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2145883