The update for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 from T-Mobile gets a second roll with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The release started on April 8, 2013, and it means that the intended update which was halted last time is now continuous.
According to the T-Mobile Support page, beginning on April, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 will receive a software update to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 software T779UVTMC2 via Over-the-Air update or Samsung Kies.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update information:
- Baseband: T779UVTMC2
- Software is not rooted
- 395MB file size
How to Update using Over-the-Air: Check for updates to determine if your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is ready for the Jelly Bean update.
1. From the home screen, press the Menu key.
2. Go to Settings > About Phone.
3. Select the Software Update and Check for Updates.
4. A notification will appear telling you that there is an update available for your device.
5. Select Download from the Notifications Screen.
6. Select Install Now
7. Wait for the device to restart and install the update.
How to Update Manually using Samsung Kies Another way is to manually update your device with Samsung Kies PC suite but this will require you to use a computer and the tablet's USB cable.
1. Download and install the Samsung Kies PC suite on your computer.
2. Prepare the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for connection, go to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging.
3. Connect the tablet using the USB cable to the computer.
4. Wait for the drivers to be installed. Your computer should recognise the device; if not insert the USB cable to another USB port.
5. Launch the Samsung Kies.
6. A prompt will notify you about an available update. Select "Update."
7. Read the Caution statements and confirm it using the check box.
8. Create a backup for all your personal information and data files.
9. Select "Start Upgrade."
10. Samsung Kies will download the update file to your computer and then installs it to the tablet.
11. After the installation, a "Firmware Upgrade Complete" window will appear. Select "OK" to confirm.