"American Idol" 2014 also known as "American Idol XIII" is back on its eighth episode after last Wednesday's episode (air date: Feb. 5, 2014) which featured the shocking new "Hollywood or Home Round." AI Season 13 hopefuls got the surprise of their lives to find out about this new addition to "American Idol." Ultimately, AI judges Keith Urban, Harry Connick, Jr. and Jennifer Lopez had to trim down the contestants by asking them to sing once more. Then, they decided if that contestant will stay in Hollywood or go home. The contestants also had to group themselves into three or four for the Group Day performance. Check out the "American Idol" 2014 Season 13 Episode 8 "Hollywood Round, Week #1" recap below.
The remaining contestants who survived the drastic cut from the AI Season 13 judges continued to move on to the second night of Hollywood Week. They performed with their chosen groups on Group Day at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
The groups of singers had interesting names including the Backstreet Cowboys (Ben Briley, Casey Thrasher and Dexter Roberts), 3 More Days (Tony Foster Jr., Sarina Joi Crowe and David Oliver Willis) and Loud and Fierce (Malaya Watson, Olivia Diamond, Christina Collins and Queen Bulls).
Here are the groups that performed on "American Idol" 2014 Season 13 Episode 8 "Hollywood Round, Week #1":
1. 3 More Days (Tony Foster Jr., Sarina Joi Crowe and David Oliver Willis) - All of the members of this group have already experienced this part of "American Idol" because they have joined before and got through until Group Day. Even so, not all of them passed. Eliminated: Tony Foster Jr.
2. Backstreet Cowboys (Ben Briley, Casey Thrasher and Dexter Roberts) - Eliminated: 0
3. Spencer Lloyd, Alyssa Siebken and Megan Miller - Lack of rehearsal caused a bad performance from them. Eliminated: Alyssa Siebken
4. Caleb Johnson, C.J. Harris, Matthew Hamel, Tyler Ahlgren - Harry, Jennifer and Keith loved Caleb's performance. Eliminated: Tyler Ahlgren and Matthew Hamel
5. Sikenya Thompson, Allie Odom and Jena Asciutto - Sikenya had the flu but still pushed through. Her sacrifice paid off and she passed with flying colours even if she wasn't feeling wll during Group Day. Eliminated: Allie Odom
6. Jessica Meuse, Nica Nashae, Cara Watson and Stephanie Hanvey - sang "Single Ladies" by Beyonce, but Jessica doesn't know the words! Lucky for her, she still got through to the next round. Eliminated: Stephanie Hanvey
7. Emmanuel Zidor, Carmen Delgina and Terrica Curry - sang "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child but failed to impress the judges with Harry saying that it was "terrible." Eliminated: Carmen Delgina and Terrica Curry
8. Loud and Fierce (Malaya Watson, Olivia Diamond, Christina Collins and Queen Bulls) - The judges loved all of them! Eliminated: 0
Unfortunately, Gospel singer Tiquila Wilson quit the competition because she decided to pursue Gospel music instead of trying her hand out in becoming the next "American Idol."
AI judges Keith, Jennifer and Harry chose 77 "American Idol" Season 13 hopefuls to stay in the reality singing competition. They will sing again in the solo rounds for the next episode, and then further eliminations will be made.
And that's it for the "American Idol" 2014 Episode 8 "Hollywood Round, Week #1" recap. Stay tuned for more updates on "American Idol XIII" including spoilers, sneak peeks and episode recaps.
Click HERE to see behind-the-scenes photos of Hollywood Week from the official "American Idol" Web site.
Click HERE to watch the Hollywood Week videos uploaded on the official "American Idol" Web site.
'American Idol' 2014 Season 13 Episode 7 'Hollywood or Home Round' Recap [WATCH VIDEOS] (Click HERE)
'American Idol' 2014 Episode 6 Recap: AI Season 13 'Auditions #6' in Omaha, Nebraska [WATCH VIDEO] (Click HERE)
'American Idol' 2014 Episode 5 Recap: AI Season 13 'Auditions #5' in Salt Lake City, Utah [WATCH VIDEOS] (Click HERE)