George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin started dating in the fall of 2013, just months after Clooney broke up with Stacy Kiebler. Now news has spread on George Clooney's engagement to Alamuddin. People are understandably curious about Amal Alamuddin. Summed up below are "facts" mentioned in online reports on George Clooney's lady love.
1) She doesn't have any Hollywood ties.
2) Age 36 and born in Beirut, Lebanon.
3) Amal is a British Lawyer who is fluent in French, English, and Arabic.
4) Alamuddin studied at St. Hugh's College at Oxford University.
5) In 2000 Amal began Law School at the New York University School of Law.
6) While in Law School, she worked as a student law clerk for current Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor (then judge at the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit).
7) While in NYU, Amal was honoured with the Jack J. Katz Memorial Award for showing the highest excellence in the field of entertainment law.
8) Alamuddin passed the New York Bar in 2002 and the Bar of England and Wales (Inner Temple) in 2012.
9) After NYU, she worked at Sullivan & Cromwell for three years, where she practiced US and International Law.
10) Amal represented the criminal probe of Enron among other clients in criminal investigations.
11) She currently works for the Doughty Street Firm in England where she specializes in International Law, Human Rights, extradition, and criminal law.
12) Amal Alamuddin is the legal adviser to the King of Bahrain and also represents WikiLeaks head Julian Assange.
13) Her work relating to international criminal law has been published in multiple books including the co-edited "The Law and Practice of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon".
14) Amal is also an adviser on Syria to The UN Special Envoy Kofi Annan and is Counsel to the Inquiry into the use of drones in counter terrorism operations.
15) She also trains judges, state officials and UN investigators on international criminal law and human rights.
16) Alamuddin has also trained police forces in the Gulf.
7) In the blog "Your Barrister Boyfriend', Amal Alamuddin has been voted as one of the hottest barristers in London.