Nutritionists and researchers after studying the health benefits of almonds will present new findings on eating this type of nut. The discussion is set next week on American Society of Nutrition annual meeting.
Five new important reasons will make you eat more almonds:
1. Less Belly Fat - Belly fat is bad not only for our looks but also for our body. It sticks around the organs and increases the chance of getting a chronic disease. A new Penn State study of 52 adults with elevated LDL cholesterol or people who consumed 1.5 ounces a day of almonds for six consecutive weeks reduced their belly fat and waist measurement more than those with high-carbohydrate, calorie-matched snack.
2. Lower Cholesterol - Eating almonds can also lower LDL or bad cholesterol. People eating almonds are 44 percent less probable to have high LDL unlike those who don't eat almonds, according to the study of new Louisiana State University study with 24,808 adults as their subjects.
3. Fewer Cravings - Eat 1.5 ounces of dry-roasted, lightly salted almonds during snacks can be a big help to curb participants' appetites and control their blood sugar based on the study conducted by Purdue University among 137 adults.
4. Less Inflammation - According to a Chinese study, type 2 diabetics who ate 1.5 ounces of almonds continuously each day for three consecutive months noticeably improved their bodies' levels of oxidative stress and inflammation.
5. Healthier Baby Bumps - Presently, half the number of women increase too much weight right after or during pregnancy, raising their chances of gestational diabetes, high blood pressure and pre-eclampsia. But a recent study showed that almonds can be a big help. A study on overweight and obese women by California researchers presented that eating 2 ounces of almonds increases satiety, reduces appetite and may promote healthy weight gain during pregnancy.
Undoubtedly, there is a myriad of reasons eating almonds is a healthy snack that can be an alternative to high calorie diet. Eat almonds and live a healthier life!