With many Nexus and Moto devices creating buzz online, it is time to ascertain the actual devices that will be released in September to October time frame. The Nexus X, Nexus 6, Moto S and Motorola Shamu monikers are being used interchangeably by almost every tech websites.
At this point, we do not know if the aforementioned devices are all separate devices with different configurations or they are similar devices with slight variations in the specifications catering to different sets of crowd. However, if reports are true, two Nexus (or Moto S) handsets, in addition to a Nexus tablet will be released by Google in 2014.
The handsets include the 5.9-inch and 5.2-inch variants. Nevertheless, these phones are now in testing and evaluation phase. Apparently, the release of these phones depends on how the Motorola Moto X handset is received by the general public upon release, according to Phone Arena.
Also, going by the reports from an unidentified source pertaining to supply chain side, the search giant Google may be pruning the not-so-successful handsets. The Nexus X or Nexus 6 is expected to flaunt a 5.9-inch display. However, if Motorola releases the 5.9-inch Moto S device, Google will reportedly re-purpose the 5.2-inch Moto S device as the second Nexus device, says the same publication.
Therefore, the 5.2-inch and 5.9-inch Moto/Nexus devices will be released during Halloween time frame. Furthermore, Google will also release the Nexus 8 tablet with 8.9-inch display as a replacement for its Nexus 7 tablet. This means, come September, potential buyers will be spoilt for choice with a 5.2-inch Nexus smartphone, a 5.9-inch Nexus phablet and a 8.9-inch Nexus tablet.
When it comes to key specifications, the Nexus X/Nexus 6 with nearly 6-inch display has been garnering more attention. Hence here is a list of the reported specs and features collated thus far:
- 5.9-inch display with 1,440 x 2,560 pixels (2K) screen resolution
- Quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805) processor clocked at 2.7 GHz
- 3 GB of RAM
- Android L/Android v5.0 OS (aka Lemon Meringue Pie)
- A 13 MP rear-facing camera with Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) and 4K video recording capability
- A 2.1 MP front-facing snapper
- 32 GB of in-built storage
- No microSD card slot
What do you think of the 3 killer devices from Google? Is Google on the right path? Which one out of the 3 will work better for the search giant? Feel free to leave comment.
1. iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot - [Read]
2. Killer Motorola Moto G2 To Feature 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 8 MP Camera; Price, Specifications and Images Linked - [Read]
3. Sony Xperia Z3 With 3100mAh Non-Removable Battery; Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet And Smartwatch Roundup - [Read]