Known as America's biggest music festival, the 2014 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is an annual two-weekend held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California. With popular and established musical artists, Coachella is also perfect venue for emerging artists and reunited groups, and this year the festival will feature 184 artists for two weekend, three day music and arts festival.
After a jam-packed week 1 of the festival, Coachella weekend 2 brought the house down with performances from Arcade Fire, Bill Joe Armstrong with the Replacements and Jay Z with Pharrell. Top Hollywood celebrities are also in attendance including One Direction Casanova Harry Styles, Beyonce, KUWTK reality stars Kendall and Kylie Jenner and Paris Hilton who was hailed as the worst dresser during the festival.
Here are the five awesome things you need to know during the 2014 Coachella week 2.
1. Daft Punk in Coachella? Every year there is this perennial rumour that the elusive Daft Punk will have an appearance at every Coachella. But last Sunday a robot-helmet-clad duo opened the set with "Get Lucky" that made the whole crowd nuts. So the million dollar question is was it really them?
2. Greenday's Bille Joe Armstrong fronted the Replacements. In a very rare occasion, two of the most iconic frontmen are sharing the same mic. Billie Joe Armstrong and band's leader Paul Westerberg finished their set with "Left of the Dial" and "Alex Chilton," both songs are the perfect tributes to the making and sharing music as the two singers shared an organic and spontaneous moment.
3. Photographer Andrew Haagen Photo Tent. To escape the heat of Coachella dessert, famous artists and guests are flocking Andrew Haagen's photo tent to capture their own Coachella experience. "Everyone has their own Coachella experience. For me, its the photo tent," says the 43-year-old Coachella's official portrait photographer. "We do a year's worth of photography both weekends."
4. Record Store Day at Coachella. With special edition vinyl and other releases on sale, Coachella's Record Store Day sale is one of the main attractions of the festival. Desperate music fans are lining up at the on-site record store to get their hands on rare records by Joan Jett, Public Eneny, Childish Gambino and Katatonia.
5. Pharrell brought out Jay Z and Usher. After an explosive week 1 with Gwen Stefani and Snopp Dogg, Pharrell made a comeback for Coachella week 2 with T.I., Usher and Jay Z. Outkast also redeemed themselves after disjointed week 1. The Atlanta rap duo turned-up their 80-minute jam into an explosive concert and quieted haters from their first week performance.